We are primarily a stand up paddleboard school and our focus is introducing you to the amazing experience paddle boarding can offer.
You can stand Up Paddleboard at both our locations:
The best equipment
We run lessons on a daily basis at each location. Each lesson last 1.45 hrs and are suitable for complete beginners. We provide all of the gear and equipment so all you need to worry about is having fun. This is a unique way to view the beauty of our coastline but also and see another world beneath you.
We also have rentals available by the hour once you have completed your pre-required lesson with us.
Who is it for?
Anyone is welcome to join. This class is great for a family outing and we can organise every age to be on the water with you. If you want it just for the kids, then we recommend 10 years and older when a parent is not on the water.
We find this activity perfect for those wanting some solitude and also perfect for those who want to feel part of a group having fun. Our team of instructors have extensive experience working with both adults and children.
What does it cost?
We ask everyone to complete a lesson with us first to learn all about how to paddle correctly, learn a small bit on tides and wind so you can better understand the safety element and most importantly we teach you how to self-rescue and get back on the board if you decide to go for a swim - The class is €35 per person. All equipment is included.
We will then rent to you on other days either for 1 hr €15 or 2 hrs for €20 per person. All equipment is included.
What is a typical SUP class like?
- Please arrive a few minutes before your rental starts to get checked in and changed to go on the water.
- Your instructor will start with a dry land coaching session where they explain basic techniques and everything you need to know to get going on the board before they take you out on the water to put theory into practice on the water.
- Your instructor will be with you for a least 1 hr to ensure you get the grasp of everything. Then will give you a designated area and leave you for 45minutes to enjoy everything you have learned.
- Your instructor will of course still keep a watchful eye over you from a short distance.
We provide all equipment for this class including a board, leash, wetsuit & buoyancy aids. We recommend bare foot while paddle boarding, and on those very sunny days - shorts & T-shirt.
Participants need to bring:
- Swimwear for under the wetsuit.
- Your own wetsuit if you have it – not required.
- Big Towel or changing robe to get changed outside.
- Please treat a trip to us like a trip to the beach.
*Buoyancy aids must be worn at all times – it’s the law
If you are looking at purchasing your own Kayak equipment, talk to your instructor. We are happy to give you advice and recommendations for the right board and accessories for you.